Coronavirus emergency operation: Study space booking system
In order to comply with the hygiene regulations, the number of work stations had to be reduced. In order to avoid queues, you can reserve available work stations via the carrel booking system. The use of the booking system allows you to plan your library visits in advance and also supports the fair distribution of the available work stations. At the same time, the University continues to ask students to study and work from home whenever possible.
If you are planning to visit the library, please take note of the following:
- Refrain from visiting the library in case of illness-especially if you have flu-like symptoms such as cough, pain when breathing and fever.
- the wearing of a medical mouth-nose protection is mandatory within the building (except at the booked workplace).
- A minimum distance of 1.5m must be maintained.
- In order to book a work station via the carrel booking system, you need a valid URZ login. If you are a registered user and do not have such a login yet, please contact the Central Loan Desk.
- You can book a work station online up to 2 days (maximum of 4 hours per booking) in advance. A new booking can only be made after your current booking has expired.
As of Monday, 12 July 2021, our carrels (single study rooms) can once again be used for on-site work:
- These are available at the following sites locations:
- Branch Library of Arts and Humanities (Bibliotheksplatz 2)
- Branch Library of Law, Economics and Social Sciences (Carls-Zeiss-Straße 3)
- Branch Library of Medicine (Am Klinikum 1)
- Carrels for daily use can be booked up to 2 days in advance and currently only all day.
- Carrels for weekly/monthly use can be booked longer-term in advance and for up to 28 days.
- Overlapping workstation and carrel booking is not possible.
Instructions for use
- Our workstations are primarily available for working with the media available on site. Students of the University of Jena who only need the WLAN capability of a workstation, we ask to use the WLAN workstations available at the University of Jena outside the library.
- You will need proof of reservation (email confirmation via smartphone, printout, etc.) to present to security or library staff.
- Users with a reservation take one of the baskets without a label available at the entrance.
- You will find surface disinfectant to clean your reserved work station.
Availability of work stations in our branch libraries
Book your work station now!